[Samba] writing to windows 2003 cifs-mounted share?

Kristian Rink krink at pm-planc.de
Fri Jul 29 13:34:14 GMT 2005

Hello world;

currently I am running into some strange problem with a setup that
incorporates servers running Windows 2003 and Debian GNU stable (samba
3.0.14). Here's the situation:

* There's a share on the windows box that the unix machines need to
access. This is mounted using CIFS with uid= / oid= options to ensure
the desired unix user account is able to access the data in the share.

* When I do "ls -l" across the share, I see that the permissions, same
as owner and group information, are the way I want them to.

* Anyhow, whenever I try to write to that share as the user that
(obviously) owns all the files on it, I just get a "permission denied".

This is strange. Can anyone point me a way out?

TIA and bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink 	-- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden
Tel. 0351 4657716 * Fax 0351 4657707 * krink at pm-planc.de