[Samba] Problem to logon after join LDAP/SAMBA domain

Felipe felipe.piccirilo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:21:41 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm using SAMBA with LDAP as my PDC but after I join a workstations
Windows XP to the domain, I can't authenticate any user with this
workstation, It gives the fallowing error when I press ctrl+alt+del
and try to logon:

"The system can't authenticate the user. Check if the user and
password is correct then retype them press ok" etc.....

In the server, I can see the workstation in Ldap database, in getent
passwd. The users I try to logon works when I authenticate in ftp, ssh
and other several services when I use the same workstation as a local
machine.

I'm using:
samba-3.0.14
pam_ldap-178-1
openldap-devel-2.2.17-1
nss_ldap-238-1
smbldap-tools-0.8.8-1
openldap-2.2.17-1

Someone know what is going on? Is there any problem with windows or with me?

best regards,