[Samba] Scripts for NT Server Tools Handling

Chris Ware chrisjware at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:51:10 GMT 2005

With the "add user script" and "add group script" etc. parameters, are these
scripts executed before or after Samba actually adds the user to its
password backend?  I would guess that it is executed before, so that the
UNIX user is ready for Samba.

However, this is a problem because I'd like to be able to configure further
options for the user in tdbsam at creation time (i.e. set their home
directory and profile path), and at the time the script is run, the user
doesn't exist in Samba so this fails.  Can anyone see a way round this - is
there a way to have a script take total control over the addition of a user
rather than having Samba make the user after the script has run?  It would
be quite simple to arrange if this was possible - do the UNIX adduser first,
then do the pdbedit user -a.

Using:
Samba 3.0.12
FreeBSD 5.4