[Samba] NETLOGON scripts will not execute

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Thu Jul 28 23:28:50 GMT 2005

lists wrote:
> Hi there, i have a samba PDC with a mix of w2l and XP clients connecting. FOr some
> reason the network logon scripts will not execute.
>
> I have made sure they are dos format, and the permissions are correct..... yet I can;t
> get it to work!
>
> Here is my samba.conf:
>
> [global]
>         workgroup = IHPR
>         server string = Samba Server
>         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>         max log size = 50
>         time server = Yes
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>         add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g samba-clients -s
> /sbin/nologin $
>         logon drive = H:
>         domain logons = Yes
>         os level = 65
>         preferred master = Yes
>         domain master = Yes
>         dns proxy = No
>         wins support = Yes
>         ldap ssl = no
>         hosts allow = 142.103.158.
>         cups options = raw
>         printcap name = /etc/printcap
>         load printers = yes
>         logon script = %U.cmd
>

> ANy ideas as to what might keep this from happening? If I run the same commands from the
> dos prompt - it works fine.

Have you put the scripts in the correct place?  I believe they should be
in the home directory of the users by default.  So for user BIGJOHN, you
should have the file BIGJOHN.cmd inside the /home/BIGJOHN directory.

Scott

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.