[Samba] NETLOGON scripts will not execute

Thu Jul 28 20:39:19 GMT 2005

Hi there, i have a samba PDC with a mix of w2l and XP clients connecting. FOr some
reason the network logon scripts will not execute.

I have made sure they are dos format, and the permissions are correct..... yet I can;t
get it to work!

Here is my samba.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = IHPR
        server string = Samba Server
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        time server = Yes
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g samba-clients -s
/sbin/nologin $
        logon drive = H:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 65
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        ldap ssl = no
        hosts allow = 142.103.158.
        cups options = raw
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        load printers = yes
        logon script = %U.cmd

ANy ideas as to what might keep this from happening? If I run the same commands from the
dos prompt - it works fine.