[Samba] WINBIND

Dean Davis dean.davis at mbg-inc.com
Thu Jul 28 15:29:12 GMT 2005

Jan:

Winbind is required on the Samba host performing the sharing. It will
transparently consult your Active Directory if properly configured.
You'll need to also ensure that the directory being shared by Samba is
accessible to the user(s) defined in AD. As a test, chmod the Linux
directory to 777, then revert to sensible permissions.

Regards,
--
Dean Davis,RHCE,MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,CNA,N+,Linux+
CEO & Chief Instructor

--
Dean Davis,RHCE,MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,Linux+
Sr. Network Engineer

--
The information in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution,
retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it (including any attachments) is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and
delete the message, all attachments, and any copies thereof from your system and destroy any printout thereof.

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.