[Samba] Can't validate USER@DOMAIN in Runas

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Wed Jul 27 19:46:26 GMT 2005

Otto Müller wrote:
> Linda W schrieb am 26.07.2005 20:51:

>>    I verified on my "Samba" server (running SuSE 9.1)
>> to have the following in my "/etc/samba/smbpasswd" file:
>>
>> linda:1000:08...<long hex string>...:8...<guid looking thing>...B: \
>> [        ]:LCT-4<##>E:
>

> As the man page of the smbpasswd file says, the Account Flags (the stuff
> between the square brackets) should contain a "U" to indicate that this
> is a "User" account.
>
> Otto
----

Sorry, in my trying to clean up the line wrap I deleted the "U".  There
is one between the brackets.  My bad.

Thierry ITTY a écrit:
 > can you open a session on your machine with the username/domain you wish to
 > "runas" ?
 >
 > did you try the domain\user syntax instead of the user at domain one ?
 >
 > hth
---

I tried the domain\user, I haven't tried login from the console -- I believe
I didn't have a "profile" directory last time I tried and it said so, but it
did validate the user at domain w/the correct password -- will try that again
to see if that sheds any more light.

thanks both,
Linda