[Samba] Samba/Active Directory help!

dark abyss dark_abyss_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:58:19 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm a Samba newbie.  I'm trying to figure out how to setup shares on Darwin
that will authenticate through Active Directory.  Thus far, I've
successfully joined Active Directory, but I’m having problems creating local
network shares.

Darwin or Macos 10.4.2 seems to have some unique configurations.  Commands
like getent seem to be missing.  Some of the man files are just plain
wrong!!  Especially when it comes to Samba.

My SSO (Single Sign On) works fine connecting to Windows Shares.

How do I setup a share that will have its passwords authenticated toward a
certain group in Active Directory?

Jason