[Samba] adding users in smbpasswd file instead of Directory

marksarria at socal.rr.com marksarria at socal.rr.com
Sat Jul 23 14:33:12 GMT 2005

You can use IDEALX LDAP scripts to add users and groups. If you don't
want to use IDEALX scripts, you will need to create a LDIF file and the
populate your directory.

It will be a lot easier to use the IDEALX scripts. you can download the
scripts at www.IDEALX.org

smbpasswd -a , only adds user to samba. To add users using the IDEALX
script just run= ./smbldap-adduser -a -m usrnamegoeshere

--mark