[Samba] net rpc rights

silknews at free.fr silknews at free.fr
Fri Jul 22 14:51:22 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

I'm going to update samba on a production server very soon because i'm
interested by the net rpc commands (especially net rpc rights) but i'm
wondering where the user privileges are stored. I'm currently using an openldap
server to authenticate the users and store their profiles. I've updated samba on
a test server, have given specific privileges to some users but i can't see
where these settings are stored : nothing has changed in the openldap base.
Does anyone know about this please ? Because of the specificity of my
configuration, i'm afraid of any "collateral damages".

Thanx all
Silk Hill