[Samba] Dfs is not working

William Burns William.Burns at aeroflex.com
Fri Jul 22 13:46:52 GMT 2005

Daniel:

What does it look like when you do a:
 > ls -l name

When you did the "ln -s" statement, did you enclose your msdfs:
parameter in single quotes? That's what the SAMBA docs say to do.
If you don't "escape" the comma somehow, it'll screw up your "ln" statement.

Second issue:
Why would you use DFS to serve out two different shares (shareA, and
shareB) on the same server?
AFAIK, that's not what DFS is for, and maybe it doesn't like that.
Plus, that gives you no redundancy.

You should use DFS for redundancy on identical read-only shares.
serverA, and serverB should both have a copy of shareA.

-Bill