[Samba] Samba and MSI package installer

Yannick Bergeron Yannick.Bergeron at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jul 22 13:37:38 GMT 2005

We are experiencing problems when we try to launch the installation of a MSI
package from our samba share in a guest context. The problem was not present
with 2.2.8a

the error message received is:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists
and is accessible, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a
valid Windows Installer package."

This is the following error code "ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_OPEN_FAILED (1619)"

samba-3.0.11 (still present in 3.0.20pre1)
guest ok = Yes
guest only = Yes

Yannick Bergeron