[Samba] Remote shutdown+poweroff of W2K server

Michael Burns mburns+ml at clonetank.org
Thu Jul 21 19:26:09 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to remotely shutdown and power off a Win2K server with a
Samba 3 client. The Win2K server shuts down and powers off normally with
a GUI shutdown command from its own console. I am able to remotely
shutdown the Win2K server with the Samba client, using the "net rpc
shutdown" command, but the Win2K server only shuts down without powering
off, displaying the message "It is now safe to turn off your computer".
This isn't terribly useful since I'm not at the console.

I would like to know if and how it is possible to get the Win2K server
to power off on shutdown with the Samba client utlities.

TIA,

--
Michael