[Samba] can see XP shares from Linux but not from an XP box on other NIC

Arnold.O.Andrews at seagate.com Arnold.O.Andrews at seagate.com
Thu Jul 21 14:10:11 GMT 2005

samba-bounces+arnold.o.andrews=seagate.com at lists.samba.org wrote on
07/21/2005 08:42:54 AM:

> My network:-
> DSL 4 port router 1 port is my Linux box eth1 and other 3 ports are used
by
> others all on subnet 192.168.1.x DHCP.
> Off my linux box eth0 I have an XP machine diff subnet 192.168.3.x
> I can see + access shares on the other peoples XP machines - no probs
there
> BUT my XP box can see BUT NOT access shares on the other peoples'
machines?

> Is this a networking thing or does Samba need special set up to allow
> different subnets?

Sounds like you've got firewall issues going on.  Do you possibly have your
"Internet Connection Firewall" enabled?  Check under Control Panel ->
Network Connections -> Local Area Connection (properties).  Go to the
"advanced" tab and make sure that the firewall is not checked.

Hope that helps,

Arnold Andrews
Sr. Systems Administrator
Seagate Technology