[Samba] AIO settings

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Jul 21 10:31:31 GMT 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 08:43:07AM -0400, William Jojo wrote:
> >
> > Looked through the smb.conf.5 from 3.0.20pre2 for additional info on the
> > aio settings but didn't seem to find them.
> >
> > I'm setting this up on AIX 5.2 and just wondered what where recommended
> > starting values...and non-zero values activate the AIO code paths?
>
> Add
>
> "aio read size = 1"
> "aio write size = 1"

Thanks, Jeremy.

What I was really getting at was the release notes refer you to the
smb.conf.5 man page for more information, which isn't there. :-)

Perhaps I'm a bit dense this morning, but why would you set a read or
write *size* to 1? I'm assuming this represents the aio_nbytes member of
the aiocb struct?

Cheers,

Bill