[Samba] Samba-3.0.10 domain issue

Steve Ofsoski steve at oftech.co.nz
Wed Jul 20 23:42:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a working samba setup using ldap from following the
smbldap-installer scripts etc, but now have one remaining problem.  This
is the second time I have installed it and had it working reasonably well
being used in an educational environment.

My problem this time is that each workstation has 3 operating systems -
Windows98SE, Win2K and WinXP.  Last time I created the domain it was fine
to join both win2k and winxp to the domain, this time when I join both of
them the second operating system to be joined seems to throw the first one
off - eg if I join win2k first then join winxp I can logon to the domain
fine from XP but when I go to win2k it complains that the account in the
primary domain can't be found.

What have I missed :S  Users and LDAP and everything is working fine, but
I just can't for the life of me get both Win2K and WinXP to both join the
domain happily...

Cheers for any help

Steve