[Samba] Re: Samba Server not using domain users as samba users

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Jul 20 15:28:18 GMT 2005

> > the
> > > server shows up in the >server list, when i click on it -- it asks
> > > for authentication, but then wont accept any -- i give it my
>domain
> > admin, my
> > > personal user, etc.

> > that
> > > all of my Active Directory >(domain) users should be listed
> > >
> > > Tim,
> > >
> > > See if winbindd is working. What does wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g
return?

> > > I could very well be wrong but I don't know if you can use Domain
> > security
> > > in Active Directory. I believe you need to use ADS.
> > >
> > > I posted my working samba member server config in an Active
> > > Directory environment in a previous message here:
> > > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106701.html
> > >
> > > Good Luck,
> > >
> > > Mike
> > [Tim Holmes]
> > Mike:
> >
> > Wbinfo -u returns a list of the users from the domain
> >
> > Wbinfo -g returns a list of the groups from the domain
> >
> > I was wondering about the possibility of needing to go to ADS
security

> > I will dig into it and see what happens
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > TIM
> [Tim Holmes]
>
> Ok -- I have updated my config files as specified in the previous
post,

> When I run the net ads join -U command, I get the following error
>
> [root at srvweb-01 ~]# net ads join -U administrator administrator's
> password:
> [2005/07/20 10:57:26, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1640)
>   ads_add_machine_acct (srvweb-01): Type or value exists
> ads_join_realm: Type or value exists
>

> This immediately says to me that the machine is already joined to the
> domain, but when I check the domain machines list, it is not there
that
> I can find.
>
> Any Suggestions?

[Tim Holmes]
Doing some searching on the error message brought the suggestion to try:

[root at srvweb-01 ~]# smbclient -k //srvdc01/C$ krb5_cc_get_principal
failed (No credentials cache found) spnego_gen_negTokenTarg failed: No
credentials cache found session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK

I must confess that I am more than a little confused here.

Any suggestions about where I am messed up?

TIM