[Samba] Re: Samba Server not using domain users as samba users

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Wed Jul 20 15:08:19 GMT 2005

> > >when i try to browse to the server from my windows XP Pro station,
> the
> > server shows up in the >server list, when i click on it -- it asks
> > for authentication, but then wont accept any -- i give it my >domain
> admin, my
> > personal user, etc.
> >
> > >When I look at the samba users list, there are none -- but i think
> that
> > all of my Active Directory >(domain) users should be listed
> >
> > Tim,
> >
> > See if winbindd is working. What does wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g return?
> >
> > I could very well be wrong but I don't know if you can use Domain
> security
> > in Active Directory. I believe you need to use ADS.
> >
> > I posted my working samba member server config in an Active
> > Directory environment in a previous message here:
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106701.html
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >
> > Mike
> [Tim Holmes]
> Mike:
>
> Wbinfo -u returns a list of the users from the domain
>
> Wbinfo -g returns a list of the groups from the domain
>
> I was wondering about the possibility of needing to go to ADS security
>
> I will dig into it and see what happens
>
> Thanks
>
> TIM
[Tim Holmes]

Ok -- I have updated my config files as specified in the previous post,

When I run the net ads join -U command, I get the following error

[root at srvweb-01 ~]# net ads join -U administrator administrator's
password:
[2005/07/20 10:57:26, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1640)
  ads_add_machine_acct (srvweb-01): Type or value exists
ads_join_realm: Type or value exists

This immediately says to me that the machine is already joined to the
domain, but when I check the domain machines list, it is not there that
I can find.

Any Suggestions?