[Samba] Dual-homed weirdness

Dean Davis dean.davis at mbg-inc.com
Wed Jul 20 14:17:00 GMT 2005

Wade:

Have you checked the 'Advanced' settings of your network configuration
to ensure that 'Client for Microsoft Networks' uses the desired NIC when
performing NETBIOS resolution?

It sounds like your XP boxes are defaulting to the 192.168.2.x NIC and
eventually timing out.

Regards,

--
Dean Davis,RHCE,MCSE,MCDBA,CCNA,Linux+
Sr. Network Engineer

--
The information in this email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged.
Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution,
retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it (including any attachments) is
prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and
delete the message, all attachments, and any copies thereof from your system and destroy any printout thereof.

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.