[Samba] Re: Samba Server not using domain users as samba users

M Maki mmaki at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 20 03:50:30 GMT 2005

>when i try to browse to the server from my windows XP Pro station, the server shows up in the >server list, when i click on it -- it asks for authentication, but then wont accept any -- i give it my >domain admin, my personal user, etc.

>When I look at the samba users list, there are none -- but i think that all of my Active Directory >(domain) users should be listed

Tim,

See if winbindd is working. What does wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g return?

I could very well be wrong but I don't know if you can use Domain security in Active Directory. I believe you need to use ADS.

I posted my working samba member server config in an Active Directory environment in a previous message here: http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106701.html

Good Luck,

Mike