[Samba] Problems With MDB in Linux/Samba

argistof at gmail.com argistof at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 03:10:57 GMT 2005

I work for a company that has a program localy developed, and we were having
a problem when we started storing the application on the samba shared drived
mabye simular to what you are expereienceing.
in ur smb.conf (usuly in /etc/samba/smb.conf) make sure on the shared drive
in samba the oplocks are set (example below)
 ... <insert more smb.conf here>
;================= Clinic ===========================
[shared]
comment = Shared Drive Name
 path = /home/mysharedstuff
public = yes
printable = no
write list = @mygroup
oplocks = 0
level2 oplocks = 0
 ... <insert more smb.conf here>
 lines oplocks = 0 and level2 oplocks = 0 are the critical ones. This fixed
the problems we were havign w/ the mdb might work for you :)
 I also was fiddeling around w/ my smb.conf and noticed that the buffer size
was hidiously small, now if ur running a home pc w/ low resources that's
fine but for a corperate machine might wanna up the buffer size to help out
performance. it's set above like this:
;===================== Global =====================
[global]
workgroup = ltm
comment = Welcome to LTM
server string = Samba Server
netbios name = swedish
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 3
max log size = 50
security = user
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=20480 SO_SNDBUF=20480
... <insert more smb.conf here>
  Good Luck, Argo