[Samba] winbind problem in ADS Domain

alanza at frameweb.it alanza at frameweb.it
Mon Jul 18 17:51:59 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I just installed a Suse Linux 9.2 with Samba 3.0.0923

I would like to make this new server a member server of my active directory
domain

I think I configured almost anything correctly: I succesfully joined the
domain via LDAP with net ads join,
I can browse user and groups via wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g
I can browse user and groups via getent passwd and getent group

I can also give file permissions whith chown

FRAMEWEB+MyName . -R

What I Cannot do is to use chgrp with domain name. I always got
chgrp: invalid group name `frameweb+mygroup'

If I run the winbindd demon with -i (interactive ) switch, I see

group mygroup in domain FRAMEWEB does not exist

moreover, after a little time I issued the  succesfully command chown ...
if I perform ls -la in that directory I am no more able to se the username,
but only
the associated sid (generated internally in the UID range)

I did all the check recommended (net ads info) ( net ads status
-UAdministrator)
and everithing seems ok
Could it be a bug in these release of samba boundled with Suse Linux 9.2 ?

Coul be an idea to uninstall everything and download last stable version
3.0.14 source code and install that ?

I read the book
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/unixclients.html

and it speak a lot about suse linux...

thanks in advance for any help

Andrea

Chi ricevesse questa mail per errore e' gentilmente pregato di cancellarla.

Visitate il sito http://www.frameweb.it