[Samba] Shares all empty after upgrade to 3.0.14a-fc4

Ruth Ivimey-Cook Ruth.Ivimey-Cook at ivimey.org
Mon Jul 18 17:17:36 GMT 2005

Daniel,

> did you check max_protocol is it the same ? After I did an
> upgrade and the max_protocol was changed I had the same behaviour.
>
> Daniel

I checked the smb.conf, and it did get changed. I don't know what changed it
as the install scripts in the samba rpm don't do so. The following items
were added:

client ntlmv2 auth = yes
restrict anonymous = no
client lanman auth = no
max protocol = NT
server signing = Auto

As you see it added "max protocol" and a few other lines which may well have
messed things up. I already had max protocol=NT. I didn't expect this to
happen and it's rather annoying that it did so without notice...

Before your note arrived, I had decided to reinstall samba - save smb.conf,
smbpasswd, delete RPMs [1], reinstall from scratch, use SWAT to get basic
smb.conf running again. It worked fine, which suggests it was some
configuration thing.

Thanks for the suggestion, though

Ruth

[1] rpm --erase didn't delete the manual pages...