[Samba] Samba + NFS + Solaris 9

Jason Signalness jason at btiadmin.net
Mon Jul 18 16:28:08 GMT 2005

Torey,

We used a similar configuration for quite some time.  Are your Samba
binaries (in particular, the "private" directory) on a local disk, or an
NFS mount?  We were trying to run Samba from an NFS mount, to share out
other NFS mounts.  It would not work unless the Samba binaries were on a
local (non-nfs) disk.

Hope that helps.

-Jason