[Samba] smbldap-tools problem

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Jul 18 13:15:45 GMT 2005

> i want to install the smbldap-tools package on SLES 8.
> I get this error message:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         perl(Crypt::SmbHash)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Digest::MD5)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Digest::SHA1)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Exporter)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(File::Basename)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(FindBin)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Getopt::Std)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(MIME::Base64)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Net::LDAP)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(Net::LDAP::LDIF)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(lib)   is needed by smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(strict)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>         perl(vars)   is needed by
> smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1
>
> So i installed all the modules with cpan but i still
> get this dependencies errors. Are there any other
> dependencies?

If you installed with CPAN then RPM doesn't have any idea that you have done
so.  You could force the package in, but I don't personally advocate that
approach.  MY suggestion is that you find the rpm packages from SuSE or a
third party for your modules, then back out the CPAN installed versions and
install the rpms.