[Samba] Antivirus for Windows with Linux administration console

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sat Jul 16 10:13:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

This is not a Samba question itself, but it's somewhat related to Samba.

I am planning to replace the two Windows 2000 Server servers in a client company
with two Samba PDCs with LDAP backend. Currently, those W2K servers hold the
Active Directory and the the antivirus management console. And this is the only
nuisance we are finding when moving from Windows Server to Samba PDC.

If you have a Windows Server and Windows workstations, everything is all right:
you go to the server and deploy and manage the antivirus to the workstations
from the antivirus' management console (Panda Antivirus for Business, in this
case).

The problem is what to do if you have a Linux server and Windows workstations.
Every management console I know (Kaspersky's, Panda's, Symantec's, etc) is for
Windows Server.

Do you guys know any way to deploy and manage a Windows antivirus from a Linux
server acting as a Samba PDC? (we are ready to move from Panda Antivirus to any
other antivirus as long as they provided a Linux management console)

Thank you.