[Samba] Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4

Lars Roland lroland at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:00:20 GMT 2005

On 7/15/05, Oktay Akbal <oktay.akbal at s-tec.de> wrote:
> There may the the point, that you are using Kerberos.
> We do not. We migrated a 2.2.x-Samba to 3.0 that was running without
> before.
>
> Oktay

Yes it does indeed seam like they have updated RPC extensively, if I
try to connect to the PDC emulator in my Windows 2000 domain then
"wbinfo -u" does not work even with 3.14a - if I use kerberos then it
is all fine with 3.14a when the rollup is applied, but not with 3.08.

So it looks like there is a real conflict here at least when you are
using samba to connect to the PDC emulator (the same thing seams to be
the case with Windows 2003 with all the latest hotfixes but I am still
investigating that).

--
Lars Roland