[Samba] Samba 3.0.20pre2 printer driver problem

Joerg Pulz Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de
Fri Jul 15 15:38:07 GMT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Joerg Pulz wrote:

>> Hi Jerry,
>>
>> this sounds very good. if you could send me the patch, i
>> will give it a try.
>
> Thanks.  Much appreciated.   I've uploaded the patch for
> 3.0.20pre2 to
>
> http://www.samba.org/~jerry/patches/post-3.0.20pre2/print_upgrade_v1.patch
>
> This passes all of my upgrade tests for printers and security
> descriptors between 3.0.14a and 3.0.20

Hi Jerry,

great work!!
the switchover from 3.0.14a to 3.0.20pre2 no longer destroyed any
printer->driver assiciations. the rpcclient output for "enumprinters 2" is
the same for 3.0.14a and 3.0.20pre2. all uppercase printernames where
kept. connecting a printer with automated driver download is working, old
printer connections are still alive. printing works for all printers i
could test so far.

thanks a lot for this great patch.
will this get into SVN for 3.0.20(pre3)?

regards,
Joerg

- --
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
 				-Plato