[Samba] Samba PDC - Samba Member Server

HK thelistbox at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 13:35:09 GMT 2005

The configuration I'm trying to use is a SAMBA PDC with a SAMBA Member Server, using
tdbsam. Binaries for SuSE 9.3 from the samba web page, version 3.0.14a-4.1.i586.rpm.
This is SuSE 9.3 Pro with patches and kernel up-to-date thru 20050708. I need to use
Samba 3.0.14a because in production the Samba PDC will have to work with several
Samba member servers and 3 Windows 2003 member servers. (Vendor software, no
choice.)

Connections from WinXP SP2 to the PDC work fine with access to shares on the PDC as
expected.

Trying to use the shares on the member server fails completely. I've been using SBE
and TOSHARG pdfs as references. I guess I've overlooked something.

On the Member Server:
wbinfo -t ;works
wbinfo -u ;works
wbinfo -g ;works
smbclient //member/share1 -Umyuser%thepassword fails with
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

On the SAMBA PDC:
smbclient //pdcname/share2 -Umyuser%thepassword works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hudson