[Samba] Samba installation

Nazrul Izham Abdul Ghaffar nazrulizham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:47:04 GMT 2005

sometime the smbd could be in different directory

you can find the smbd file by using this command

find / -name smbd

In my case, it is in /usr/sbin

I can run it as /usr/sbin/smbd -d  (remember don't forget the first /)

or better still you can run it wothout knowing the exact location by
using the command

service smb start

if smb is part of the service available.

Hope this will help you.