[Samba] Samba 3.0.20pre2 printer driver problem

Thomas Bork knuffelmail at gmx.de
Fri Jul 15 02:44:08 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Could you swend me your smb.conf?  This would be my fault.
> We started normalizing the share names in the tdb.  But
> I didn't do a tdb version upgrade whuich I should have.

If you are normalizing the share names in the tdb due an upgrade from
3.0.15pre2 to 3.0.20pre2:

How can a user test the new version and (if there are heavy errors with
the new version) revert to the old version without loosing driver
association?

I want that our users test the new version. Even if I backup the tdb's
due this update to the new version - I have to modify the old samba
package to copy the tdb's back. Seems complicated to me for all
distributions.

der tom