[Samba] Roaming profiles and WinXP

RNuno glist at moonlight.pt
Wed Jul 13 22:43:17 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a samba-3.0.14a + Ldap backend working with roaming profiles
all machines are Windows XP fully patched. This is working with no
problems for all the machines on the network except mine :\

This is a new PC with a fresh install of XP, first though was that maybe
a new update from microsoft borket the profiles so I tryed to logon in
another workstation with my user and it worked.

I logged on another worstation created a dir on the desktop and logoff
then I logon on my PC and the new dir was there then I created another
dir called "gasp" and logoff login on another workstation and dir "gasp"
didnt appear.

So it's not from the user or the smb.conf it's really related with my PC.
My PC reads the profile from the samba share but somehow it dont saves it.

I already tryed with another user on my machine and the behavior is the same
as anyone had a problem like this before? any clues or hints how I can debug
this problem?

I've already formated the PC *again* and with only XP fully patched the
problem
remains, I tryed changing to local profile and then change back again to
roaming
but no go.

Please help, regards

-- RNuno