[Samba] Uninstall Samba 3.0.14a

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Jul 13 21:17:52 GMT 2005

Please keep on list as this is probably useful to others... reply to all is
your friend.

Also see JHT's comment, it probably helps in this situation.

You'd have to look at where the default config location is, maybe
/usr/local/samba.  Just delete the directory.

As you said you tried rpm -e (in the other message), it is helpful to note
that this won't work for 2 reasons:
1.  Redhat packages samba as 4 packages, so you would have needed to get all
the package names, and I think in 7.2, the version numbers also.  In recent
versions just the name will do.  SuSE I believe has just samba as the only
package.
2. When you install by source your package manager (rpm in this case)
doesn't have a clue.  That's why I continuously recommend that people with
package managers stick to them.  If you want to build something, figure out
how to build rpm files (www.rpm.org) so that other rpm packages are aware
that the libraries are there when they go looking.