[Samba] samba client (NetApp->Solaris mount)

Ivan Matousek matousek at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jul 13 19:50:29 GMT 2005

We are a remote part of the campus and due to security reasons we are loosing
access to NFS server which servers the whole university to have access to
home directories for all users.

We want to make use of the samba client to securely mount FS on our Linux
and Unix Solaris computers from the central file server (NetApp).

I am new to samba and trying to have some feel whether it is possible and
what kind of issues we can expect to face in this project.

I appreciate any comment.