[Samba] winbind + pam - caching + intermittant delay ==~ bug?

Xim Tur i Massanet ximotur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:55:05 GMT 2005

En/na Geoff Oakham ha escrit:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I think I've found a bug in winbind, or I'm out to lunch and need of
> help.. configuring winbind.  Basically, it's working great except once
> in a while it takes 2-5 minutes for a single authentication.  I've also
> seen symptoms winbind isn't caching credentials.

I had similar symptoms. The problem was that winbind stopped resolving
user and group names for this period. A simple "ps aux" also taked some
minutes if there was a process owned by a domain user.

These delays disappeared after moving security from "domain" to "ads"
and joining the domain as a 2k server. This helped to me.

good luck!

Ximo