[Samba] winbind accepting old passwords

mcm75 Christian.McHugh at NAU.EDU
Tue Jul 12 20:18:34 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I have winbind running on solaris 9, and it appears to run well. Except for
after changing a password windows side (or with smbpasswd) then loggin on, ssh
or dt via winbind accept the old password as well as the new one. While then
starting a citrix or rdesktop connection confirms that active directory only
accepts the new password. I am already starting winbind with the -n option to
stop all caching, any ideas?

PAM Configuration follows...

sshd    account requisite       pam_roles.so.1
sshd    account sufficient      pam_winbind.so.1
sshd    account required        pam_unix_account.so.1
#
sshd    password required       pam_dhkeys.so.1
sshd    password requisite      pam_authtok_get.so.1
sshd    password requisite      pam_authtok_check.so.1
sshd    password required       pam_authtok_store.so.1
#sshd   password required       pam_pwexport.so.1 /usr/local/bin/new.test
try_first_pass
sshd    password required       pam_winbind.so.1
#
sshd    auth    requisite       pam_authtok_get.so.1
#sshd   auth    required        pam_pwexport.so.1 /usr/local/bin/new.test
try_first_pass
sshd    auth    sufficient      pam_winbind.so.1
sshd    auth    required        pam_dhkeys.so.1
sshd    auth    required        pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
sshd    session required        pam_winbind.so.1
sshd    session required        pam_unix_session.so.1