[Samba] Mount logon Home dir on Linux (CTM)

Cristian Thiago Moecke moecke at lmp.ufsc.br
Tue Jul 12 12:17:36 GMT 2005

	I will try to explian it better this time.

	I have a Windows NT 4.0 Server, that is the PDC on my network. I also
have a FC3 Samba 3 server that is the file server, where most of logon
home dirs are stored. In the NT PDC i set up most users to map Z: drive
to \\MY_SAMBA_SERVER\username
	In the Win XP workstations everithing is wrking realy fine. Now i want
to set up some Linux Fedora Core 4 Workstations too. I already installed
the FC4, samba and winbind, everithing working fine too. I can log in in
linux using my NT password.
	Just what I need now is to mount the logon home dir to the users who
log in in the linux workstation. I didnt found out reading the docs and
looking in the internet how can I do it (and IF I can). I can run a
logon script that mounts \\MY_SAMBA_SERVER\username using smbmount, but
that has 2 problems: firist, it will ask the password, but how i can
make the script know the password? And the second problem: some users
dont have the logon home dir in the MY_SAMBA_SERVER.
	So I think probably there is a better way to do it, maybe using pam.d,
i dont know. Anyone could help me on that?

    Thanks for any help,
Cristian T. Moecke
LMP-UFSC