[Samba] trouble with long filename copy

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Tue Jul 12 09:48:52 GMT 2005

Well, Dont have this problem at all.
How long is the file , characters and how long is your directory naming.

in total 255 Characters is max for windows XP.

I think its just a setting in your samba.

my works perfectly now,
here my config, then you have a reference.
, if you want you can email me directly , im dutch also.
thats easy debugging..

Louis

The setup is as followed:
Used:
Debian Sarge, kernel 2.6.8 debian source, custombuild, ACL enabled.
Samba 3.0.14a, ldap, cups, cups-pdf.
Printers are RAW printer, and the Windows drivers are used.
to setup point and print, settings as below, browse to the ADD Printers and
Faxes, klik..
here klik right on a printer queue, and klik NO !!!!!
klik on the advanced tab and add new driver, select the driver.

good luck..

/snap my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
## NETBIOS / DOMAIN / SERVER SETTINGS
#	realm = ROTTERDAM.BAZUIN.NL
	interfaces = eth0 lo
	bind interfaces only = yes
	netbios name = PDC
	server string = MS249-LIN-001
	workgroup = BAZUIN
	domain logons = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	os level = 65
	min protocol = NT1
	lm announce = no
	lanman auth = no
	disable netbios = no
	encrypt passwords = true
	admin users = @"Domain Admins"
	enable privileges = yes
	security = user
	time server = yes
	dns proxy = yes
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
	keep alive = 60

## USER/LDAP SETTINGS
	username map = /etc/samba/users.map
	guest account = nobody
	obey pam restrictions = No
	ldap passwd sync = yes
	passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1/

	ldap suffix = dc=rotterdam,dc=bazuin,dc=nl
	ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=rotterdam,dc=bazuin,dc=nl
	ldap user suffix = ou=Users
	ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
	ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
	ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users
	ldap delete dn = Yes
	ldap ssl = no

	add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
	delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
	add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
	delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
	add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
	delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u"
"%g"
	set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"

## WINS/DNS SETTINGS
#
# Also needed when using ACL
#
	wins support = Yes
#	password server = PDC
#	idmap uid = 10000-20000
#	idmap gid = 10000-20000
#	winbind use default domain = yes
#	winbind separator = \
#	winbind cache time = 15
#	winbind enum users = yes
#	winbind enum groups = yes
#	template shell = /bin/false
#	template homedir = /home/users/%U

## LOGGING
	utmp = yes
	syslog = 0
	log level = 2
	max log size = 1000
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

## MISC FILES/DIRECTORIES
	nt acl support = yes
	map acl inherit = yes
	dos charset = 850
	unix charset = ISO8859-1
	preserve case = yes
	short preserve case = yes
	case sensitive = no
	directory mask = 0750
	hide dot files = yes
	hide unreadable = yes
	hide files = /desktop.ini/
#	veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
	veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/*.{*}/
	veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.xls/*.mdb/
	dont descend = /proc,/dev,/etc,/lib,/lost+found,/initrd
	create mask = 0644

## MISC OTHER
	mangling method = hash2
	deadtime = 10
	map to guest = Bad User

## MISC PROFILE
	logon script = logon.cmd
	logon home = \\%L\%U
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
	logon drive = P:

## PRINTING Section 1 !! Global Settings !!
	printing = cups
	load printers = Yes
	show add printer wizard = Yes
	max print jobs = 100
	printcap name = cups
	printer admin = @"Printer Operators",@"Domain
Admins",Administrator,root
	lpq cache time = 20
	use client driver = No
	disable spoolss = No

# PRINTING Section 2 !!
# users are able to connect to any printer specified in the Samba host's
# printcap file  ( /etc/printcap ) provided through cups
[printers]
        comment = All Network Printers
        printable = yes
        path = /home/samba/spool
        browseable = No
	guest ok = yes
	public = yes
	read only = yes
	writable = no
	create mode = 0777
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P'%p'
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P'%p' %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold '%p' %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release '%p' %j
	queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start '%p'
	queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop '%p'
# Print Command is not used when using cups
#	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P'%p' %s

### Printing Section 3 "The Windows Printer drivers"
# Required permissions
# The account used to connect to the Samba host must have
# a UID of 0 (i.e., a root account). ( or Administrator )
# The account used to connect to the Samba host must be
# named in the printer adminlist.
# Or The account used to connect to the Samba host must have
# SEPrintOperatorRights
[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers Download Area
	path = /home/samba/printers
	browseable = no
	guest ok = no
	read only = yes
	write list = @"Print Operators",@"Domain Admins",Administrator,root
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775
	valid users = @"Domain Users",@"Print Operators",@"Domain
Admins",Administrator,root

[netlogon]
	browseable = Yes
	comment = NetLogon Service
	write list = @"Domain Admins",Administrator
	path = /home/samba/netlogon

[profiles]
        path = /home/samba/profiles
	comment = Profiel omgeving
        read only = no
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No
        guest ok = Yes
        profile acls = yes
        csc policy = disable
        # next line is a great way to secure the profiles
        force user = %U
        # next line allows administrator to access all profiles
        valid users = %U
	nt acl support = no
	default case = lower
	short preserve case = no
	case sensitive = no

[homes]
        comment = Prive documenten van %U
        read only = No
        create mask = 0644
        directory mask = 0775
        browseable = No
	vfs object = recycle
	recycle: config-files = /etc/samba/samba-recycle.conf
#	vfs object = recycle vscan-clamav
#	vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/samba-vscan-clamav.conf

[afdelingen]
        comment = Afdelings Documenten
        path = /home/samba/afdelingen
	browseable = No
        read only = No
        directory mask = 2775
        create mask = 2664
	users = @"domain users"
	vfs object = recycle
	recycle: config-files = /etc/samba/samba-recycle.conf

[ontwikkeling]
	browseable = No
	writeable = yes
	path = /home/samba/ontwikkeling
	comment = Ontwikkeling
	create mode = 644
	directory mode = 755
	users = @"domain users"
	vfs object = recycle
	recycle: config-files = /etc/samba/samba-recycle.conf

[klanten]
	browseable = No
	writeable = yes
	read list = @"domain users"
	path = /home/samba/klanten
	write list = @"domain admins"
	force user = nfsuser
	force group = staff
	comment = Klanten
	create mode = 644
	directory mode = 755

[installers]
	browseable = No
	writeable = No
	read list = @"domain users"
	path = /home/samba/installers
	write list = @"domain admins"
	comment = Installatie Software
	create mode = 664
	directory mode = 775

[uitwissel]
	comment = Uitwissel omgeving Ontwikkeling
	browseable = No
	writeable = Yes
#	read list = @"domain users"
	path = /home/samba/uitwissel