[Samba] Re: file permission / ACL problems with Office files

Markus Kopf ccmk at gmx.net
Tue Jul 12 07:56:21 GMT 2005

Hi,

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> I think this is something we've fixed for the 3.0.20 pre releases.
> I'd appreciate it if you could test this in your environment (although
> I appreciate that you probably won't want to put this into production).

I'm a colleague of Eduard, and I have been trying to reproduce the
problem on a non-production system.
Unfortunately, even when using the exact same conf-files for samba and
setting the same ACLs, we cannot reproduce it.
It seems to me that the problem only occurs when there is some load on
the machine which we cannot force on our test system.

So I guess that testing with 3.0.20pre would not make much of a
difference, since we don't run into the same error using 3.0.14a on the
test machine.

Do you have any other idea what we could try?

Thanks very much,
Markus