[Samba] multiple workgroups from one Samba server?

Matt Easton matthew at sublunar.com
Mon Jul 11 19:40:52 GMT 2005

A machine can only join one domain at a time.  A user can only be
logged into one domain at a time.

It should be possible to log into one domain and mount a share on a
server in the other domain if you have a valid username and password.

On a windows workstation at the command line try this to mount shares
in two different domains:

\\net use X: \\servername\sharename /user:domainname\username
\\net use Z: \\otherservername\sharename /user:otherdomainname\username

"X:" and "Z:" could be any free drive lettesr.
anything ending in "name", you will replace with the appropriate name
You will be prompted for a password.

The other way to go is a domain trust.  Check out Samba3 Howto to see
if that will work