[Samba] charset issue

Pierre Dehaen pi at drever.be
Mon Jul 11 14:11:04 GMT 2005

Juliano,

If you were running Samba 2.x and now you restart on a version 3.x, that's
the normal behaviour. All file names on the server are supposed to be coded
in UTF-8. If you read the documentation you'll find that you have to:

- install convmv-1.07 (from http://j3e.de/linux/convmv/)
    (untar somewhere, fix Makefile, make)
    FIX (in my situation, it was on Solaris 2.6):
      diff Makefile.orig Makefile
      11c11
      <       install -m 755 convmv $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/bin/
      ---
      >       install -m 755 -c $(DESTDIR)$(PREFIX)/bin/convmv
- run it
    (man on http://j3e.de/linux/convmv/man/)

HTH,
Pierre
PS: Read the docs, there is maybe another way to do it nowadays.