[Samba] RE: 4GB limit on samba 3.0.4

Scruggs, Ronald RScruggs at anacomp.com
Mon Jul 11 13:49:00 GMT 2005

Here's an update if anyone can help me.  The problem only lies between
Samba 3.0.4 and NT 4 SP6.  If I copy a file that is larger than 4GB from
the samba system to the NT system, everything works fine (md5's are
correct on both ends).  If I copy the file from NT4 to Samba, the file
size is correct, but the du command shows only 4096.11 MB being used by
the file regardless of how big it is (5GB, 10GB, etc), and the md5sum is
incorrect.  It ONLY happens between NT4 and Samba; Win2K and Win2K3 are
fine.  Is this an incompatibility issue?

Thanks,

Ron Scruggs