[Samba] Roaming profiles question

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Mon Jul 11 13:18:34 GMT 2005

Your configuration is essentially stating that the user's profile for the
username 'jblow' would be in '/home/jblow/profiles/jblow' -> the profiles
share automagically creates a folder with the users name, so making the
profiles share inside %U/profiles, means that dir must exist and have write
permission by the user FIRST, something like:

mkdir /home/jblow/profiles && chown jblow /home/jblow/profiles

Should work for the user 'jblow', but I don't think this is quite what you
were expecting? I think you were assuming you could store their profile in
home/user/profile/<profile here>, which is not the case, windows will try to
make the folder with their username, but will not make the parent
directories (in this case home/user/profile/). - My two cents, hope it
helps.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com