[Samba] Map remote folder on Linux Samba client in NT Domain (CTM)

Cristian Thiago Moecke moecke at lmp.ufsc.br
Mon Jul 11 12:44:47 GMT 2005

    Scenario: I have a Windows NT 4.0 PDC, a Linux Samba 3.0.0 file
server, and a lot of XP wirkstations (planing to change the PDC any day
to a Samba PDC, but i will need to study more before that...)
    In the NT PDC I have set the Z: drive of all users to a personal
folder in some computer (User manager, connect Z: to \\computer), mainly
to the Linux file server. It works REALY fine, Samba working realy great
in the File server!
    Now I am setting up some Linux clients! I want to put Linux and
Windows (dual boot) in the workstations thar already have Win XP. I
installed Fedora Core 4, seted up the samba, winbind, users can login
using their NT user and password, all working realy fine! But I didnt
found out how to map the PDC Z: drive to some folder, like
/home/username/private_folder. Is there a way to do that?
    I already configured Lisa to find other computers on the net, and it
works, but it always asks the user and password again in konqueror! Is
there a way to stop that?

    Thanks for any help,
Cristian T. Moecke
LMP-UFSC