[Samba] Possible to hide [homes] ?

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Mon Jul 11 11:42:13 GMT 2005

> For me, it hides all home directories except the current user's own.
> Is that not what you want?

No, I want to hide the current users's own home directory as well.
Adding 'available = no' to the share makes it unuseable, so that's
is not going to work, since it needs to be working.

In the source code, I found a (the?) solution. In source/param/loadparam.c,
function lp_add_home, you can see:

         /* set the browseable flag from the gloabl default */
         ServicePtrs[i]->bBrowseable = sDefault.bBrowseable;

When adding the option browsable = no in the [global] section, the
homes share is invissible, but useable. I wonder though if this is
the way to go.

-Remy