[Samba] Roaming Profile

Cleiton Luiz Siqueira cleiton at websystem.com.br
Sun Jul 10 04:37:43 GMT 2005

Hi Matthew,

It was exactly it that I needed. Follow the solution.

1 - On the XP workstation, log in with an Administrative account.
2 - Click on Start -> Run.
3 - Type mmc.
4 - Click on OK.
5 - A Microsoft Management Console should appear.
6 - Click on File -> Add/Remove Snap-in -> Add.
7 - Double-click on Group Policy.
8 - Click on Finish -> Close.
9 - Click on OK.
10 - In the "Console Root" window expand Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> User Profiles.
11 - Double-click on "Only Allow Local User Profiles"
12 - Select Disable.
13 - Click on OK.
14 - Double-click on "Prevent Roaming Profile Change from Propagating to the Server"
15 - Select Disable.
16 - Click on OK.
17 - Close the whole console. You do not need to save the settings (this refers to the console settings rather than the policies you have changed).
18 - Reboot.

Thanks so much!

Cleiton