[Samba] Prevent machine password change

Peter Huetmannsberger huetmann at site38.ping.at
Sat Jul 9 20:23:02 GMT 2005

Hi

I am using samba 3.0.7-2 on my FC1 box as a PDC with a backend of tdbsam
and I would like to set up a BDC for the domain as well.

The big samba book tells me it can be done with tdbsam, but is wary about
the machine passwords changing, thus breaking the replication done with
rsync.

I don't have the time right now to get into an ldap backend, so I was
wondering if there is a way to stop the clients from changing their
passwords regularily. I have googled for it but to no avail so far.I will
continue looking, but if someone out there knows where to tell samba to
tell its clients that a machine password change is not required I would
appreciate it very much indeed, if I were told,

many thanks,

.peter