[Samba] More info on: Solaris 9 + quota = configure script error?

Remy Zandwijk remy at falw.vu.nl
Sat Jul 9 15:43:51 GMT 2005

See the mail below, I sent yesterday.

When changing the text '*solaris*' in the configure script to
'solaris*', the configure and make is going just fine. In other
words: the file include/config.h contains a define for SUNOS5

I don't wanna be a smart-ass, but looking at other packages which
use the  configure script style configuration, they mostly use 'solaris*'
as well.

Remy

All,

I believe there is a problem with the configure script, regarding
using --with-quotas on a Solaris 9 system. When I 'make' Samba 3.0.14a,
I get the error:

---
Compiling smbd/quotas.c
smbd/quotas.c:932:23: sys/quota.h: No such file or directory
smbd/quotas.c:933:19: devnm.h: No such file or directory
smbd/quotas.c: In function `disk_quotas':
smbd/quotas.c:1115: error: storage size of 'D' isn't known
smbd/quotas.c:1207: error: `Q_GETQUOTA' undeclared (first use in this function)
smbd/quotas.c:1207: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
smbd/quotas.c:1207: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1
---

When looking at this message and source, you'll see the wrong header
file is included. This is 'sys/quota.h' and it should be:
sys/fs/ufs_quota.h

All this is caused because SUNOS5 is not defined. When defining it
manually in include/config.h, the quota.c is compiled OK and I do
not get an error message.

Samba Team, could you guys please take a look at this?

Kind regards,
Remy Zandwijk