[Samba] wbinfo -u does not work PLEASE HELP : (

dianalucy00-spambait1 at yahoo.com dianalucy00-spambait1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 01:10:36 GMT 2005

--- Ian Miller <imiller at bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Linux ES 3
> with samba 3.09
> latest patches to date
> Windows 2000 domain running in mixed mode.
>
> wbinfo -u gives me nothing   ******* THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> wbinfo -g gives me internal groups
-- snip --
> I can "net rpc join -U "Domain admin account%password" fine
> net rpc getsid works
--snip --

Note - I am a newbie regarding samba so you can take my advice with a
large grain of salt.

When I setup Samba using Domain authentication to an NT based domain,
I had to also issue this command:
  wbinfo --set-auth-user=domainacct%password

I know that this is advised against in this post:
  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-October/076034.html

But we have an NT domain with restrict anonymous, so it worked for
us.

On a related note, I also had to make sure the account I setup for
samba access to the domain had a name and password that did not
contain any special characters like &\@ -- however a '-' (hyphen) was
ok.

- Linda Ruiz :)

For my non-geek friends:
Friends don't email friends .exe or .com files.  So don't open those types of attachments!!
For my geek friends:
Adopt a newbie....