[Samba] small lan - 2 solved

Serge Naggar naggar at sprintmail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:58:40 GMT 2005

Hi,
I got the validation to work.

scn at west:~> smbclient -L west -U%
Domain=[SNJ] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.9-2.6-SUSE]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        orb             Disk      removable 2.2 gb hd
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
Domain=[SNJ] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.9-2.6-SUSE]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        WEST                 Samba Server

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        SNJ                  WEST
scn at west:~>

I noticed that I had the `guest ok = yes' in the global section as
opposed to the share section of the smb.config.
I had the , obviously mistaken belief, that if something appeared in the
global section it would apply to all [global+shares].

What does the expression do when placed in global and not in a share?

Thanks
--
Cheers,
Serge [Naggar Consulting]